Monday, July 26, 2010

The Range of Emotions

10:02 pm, July 25, Terradilla de los Templarios, Jacques Albergue, Room 7

The range of emotions I´ve felt in the last day has been pretty cool.

Pride: I´m more than halfway done with the Camino! Less than 400 km to go! Less than 16 days to go!

Joy: Dinner was excellent and the company was better: a Belgian girl who has been along each stage of the way (Lynn, 26) and an Australian who we saw for the first time (Therese, 60ish).

Sadness: I found out that Dan hadn´t been completely honest when he disclosed his reasons for his time on the Camino. When he shared the whole truth, or enough about it that I could feel his pain, I felt so sad because I can only imagine the weight that he is carrying. I´m terribly hurt for him, but I hope he finds his strength.

Anger: After not telling me which albergue to find them in yesterday, Lisa and Lida didn´t come to my albergue today even though I told them where I was going to check in since I was going faster.

I hope to continue to feel such strong emotions and to feel their currents pull me.

No comments:

Post a Comment