Friday, July 23, 2010

The Burgos Region

Burgos is over and I am in Palencia! The Road is now moving very fast, and my feet are healing very nicely. I can now walk very fast (almost 5 or 5.5 km per hour!), and I´m feeling better.

Burgos was a beautiful city and the region before was nice, but there are really only two things worth sharing.

First, the Pecaditos. Pecaditos is a chain of restaurants (we saw 4, ate at 2) across Burgos. For one euro, you can get any sandwich on their menu or a glass of wine or a beer. And their sandwiches are small french bread loaves with salmon and cream cheese (delicious), calamari, grilled peppers, spicy chicken, any sort of pork you can imagine (it looked okay, but I didn´t sample). Awesome concept, and an awesome hangout spot on the Camino.

Second, the cathedral was beautiful. No pictures are allowed inside, but I will soon post pictures of the outside. So wonderful.

La Meseta is not much of a desert in the traditional sense--rather it is just a very flat region where fields of grain seemingly stretch to the infinite horizons. It´s beautiful but desolate. And quite hot, when the wind isn´t blowing.

Now on through more of the Meseta and through Palencia! (And soon, I´ll have more fiction--I promise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment